When working with Flex and Fluorine, it has become very tedious for me to create my custom class objects with many properties. I created a quick tool to take some of the burden of creating these objects on the Flex and .NET side.
Anyone who uses private, public properties in their Value Objects (VO) objects know it is a pain to type all those properties into a custom object. Afterward, go over to .NET and create them. About as tedious as watching paint dry in zero degree weather.
Try this tool out and let me know if it is helpful for you.
How to use:
1. Type the class name into the input box.
2. Add properties to the properties grid. Edit the values.
3. Add the Class to the class grid.
4. Repeat for next class.
5. Make sure to cache your classes to local disk using the Cache buttons at the top. Nothing is saved on a server, all data is stored local in SharedObjects.
6. You can make a class active by selecting it in the grid.
7. You can copy the code from the Text Area.
8. Click on the code you want to generate.
Simple, but I hope this is of use to somebody. It saves me at least 10 minutes per VO.
Let me know what you think. This was a quick and dirty throw together. If enough people think there is value I will consider improving. I am also not apposed to creating a ToDo/Wish list for the tool.